May Bank Holiday: Berlin
One of our favourite cities for a quick getaway is the iconic Berlin. See our travel guide for this May Bank Holiday, featuring rooftop speakeasies, the perfect white shirt, and our favourite galleries..
1. Klunker Kranich. Situated in trendy Neukölln, this bar above a shopping mall has breathtaking views across the city. Sit in one of their many soft, cosy couches, home brewed mulled wine in hand, or enjoy the Fernsehturm silhouetted against the sunset outside whilst sipping a cool beer.
2. Hilda Top and Trousers. Berlin is showing a high of 20 degrees this weekend, so pack the this softly tailored, incredibly comfortable set for your days of walking around the city and taking in the abundant iconic street art.
3. The C/O Gallery, named one of the top 10 galleries by The Guardian, is a photography-focused institution situated in the old royal post office—A stunning brick building dating from 1881. Having exhibited some of the biggest names like Robert Mapplethorpe and Annie Leibovitz, it hosts an impressive schedule of workshops, lectures and events all in a interactive and warm atmosphere.
4. There’s nothing like a fresh new white shirt, and we think we’ve found the perfect one in our Malih Shirt. Classic tailoring mixed with a modern silhouette, the shoulders are dropped, the back panel lengthened, the body cut relaxed. A season staple, it is versatile and will see you through gallery hopping and leisurely dinners.
5. The Jewish Museum. Designed by renowned architect David Libeskind, the experience of visiting this museum is a sobering awakening—both physically and emotionally. No matter your lack of personal experience or relationship with German history, being this space and taking in its wonderful installations and artworks will make you feel empathy, pain, hopefulness and nausea all at the same time.